The Heavy Equipment Industry is consistently facing many challenges that include operational performance, quality control, warranty fraud and analysis, real-time monitoring of multiple processes, regulatory compliance, supply-chain logistics, and emission standards. These critical issues combined with increasing global competition have made it essential for Heavy Equipment Manufacturers to adapt to advanced data-driven solution using modern state-of-the-art technology.
One of the ways this can be achieved is with predictive maintenance where repairs and maintenance tasks are prioritized based on real-time probabilities of when various failures are likely to occur as shown in the following example.
Heavy Equipment Manufacturers utilize STATISTICA throughout the operational and manufacturing process to make better products, improve collaboration among engineers and attain specific business goals. STATISTICA is an integral part of the quality control and Six Sigma programs in many heavy equipment manufacturing sites. The applications range from Web-based monitoring and Quality Control to customized STATISTICA-based applications for analyses that are specific to type of manufacturing.
Heavy equipment manufacturers typically provide basic and extended warranties to their customers as a value-added service. It is essential from product improvement and repair process improvement perspectives to be able to determine the most frequent repairs by product, the factors that contribute to a failure type, and the correlations between failures. STATISTICA's advanced data mining and text mining algorithms are critical components in the successful setting of warranty parameters and the determination of repair guidelines and rules to decrease warranty service costs.
With the STATISTICA capability to integrate with standard database, Heavy Equipment Manufacturers can offer remote monitoring services to their customers that deploy data transmission devices on their products and feed data to a centralized database. STATISTICA provides an automated monitoring and alerting server through which the reports are automatically generated when the latest data predict a problem or a failure and the customer is notified proactively beforehand.
- Batch or Real-Time Processing: Use the models you have built to predict behavior of the production process, either by batch or in real-time.
- Cutting-edge Predictive Analytics: STATISTICA provides a wide variety of high-performance, award-winning, sophisticated algorithms to build models of the highest accuracy.
- Sales Analysis / CRM: Determine regional patterns in sales to make cross-selling and up-selling recommendations based upon what an individual customer just purchased, what they already own, the business that the customer is in, the region in which the customer is based, etc.
- Role-Based, Enterprise-Wide Scope: In a multi-user collaborative environment, you can use STATISTICA Enterprise to share data, improve models, and benefit from a collaborative work group.
- Product Traceability: Empowers engineers and analysts to select the relevant process and easily gain access to the necessary data, and to analyze the movement of materials and batches through the production process.
- Automated Monitoring, Reporting and Tracking: With STATISTICA Monitoring and Alerting Server (MAS) monitor numerous critical parameters simultaneously through dashboards. Reports are also generated automatically and sent to the appropriate personnel for review.
- Ad Hoc Engineering Analytics and Text Mining: Apply advanced automatic text mining methods to classify and cluster warranty claim reports; then use ad-hoc drill-down methods to detect emerging trends. STATISTICA Text Miner offers a large selection of retrieval, preprocessing, and analytic/interpretive procedures for unstructured text data and Web pages.
- Open architecture and easiest to integrate and connect. STATISTICA is built with modern software tools and compliant with modern software standards; it is the easiest to integrate with existing IT assets, databases, LIMS systems, and data entry and gathering devices and tools, as well as existing reporting tools.
- Integrated Workflow: STATISTICA Decisioning Platform provides a streamlined workflow for powerful, rules-based predictive analytics where business rules and industry regulations are used in conjunction with advanced analytics to build the best models.
- Effective Multivariate Process Monitoring: Find anomalies and patterns in high-dimensional data through the implementation of multivariate and model-based process monitoring. Find manufacturing quality problems early and before they show up in standard control charts.