Free Statistics Resources
StatSoft sells data analysis software and services. Through our customers we see statistical analytics and predictive modeling in action. Governments use statistics to provide clean water. Doctors provide medical care based on statistical research. Insurance companies use predictive modeling to decide how much to charge customers.
It is important to understand the strengths and limitations of this science. This is why we provide educational and free resources.
- Getting Started with STATISTICA is a video series intended to help those who are new to STATISTICA or want helpful hints about the use of their software.
- The Data Mining with STATISTICA series is 35 videos covering concepts, process, and hands-on data mining. The intent of this series is to familiarize you with data mining, so that you are empowered to start your own data mining projects and can carry out the projects successfully.
- Download a free 30 day trial of STATISTICA to try many (not all) of the analytical techniques listed in StatSoft's Electronic Statistics Textbook. Example datasets and examples are included in this software download.
- Visit the StatSoft User Forum.
- Watch STATISTICA video tutorials to learn how to clean your data, run multiple data analysis, work with data mining algorithms, etc...
- Watch STATISTICA webcasts to understand different business problems and solutions; PAT, Credt scoring, Wisdom of Crowds, R Language, CRM, etc...
- Read the archived newsletters for more examples and updates on the Electronic Statistics Textbook. If you want to receive a newsletter, we asked that you register.
- Take a short course in data mining.
StatSoft participates in the following social networks.
CISL Research Data Archive - Datasets related to atmospheric and geosciences research, topography, vegetation, and land use.
FedStats - A directory to statistics from over 100 U.S. government agencies. There are pages for educating children on statistics.
KDNuggest Datasets for Data Mining - An updated list of free datasets.
Statistics Canada - Goal of this website is to "help Canadians better understand their country—its population, resources, economy, society and culture."